25 March, 2010

automatic midnight


Here's another flyer design for DEERPEOPLE and Boom Bang... minus the text.

Was thinking along the lines of Rick Froberg's work. Really, really neat stuff. I respect what he does because he seems to have it all together, both musically and visually. I remember hearing Drive Like Jehu for the first time in high school and was blown away. And then I heard Hot Snakes in college and was equally, if not more impressed. In 2007, I had the opportunity to see his drawings and inks in person and was impressed... again. I don't know if the man can do any wrong. Everyone is asked in elementary school, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" My answer was always one of two things- a paleontologist or cartoonist. But I'd like to retract my answer from way back when with, "I want to be Rick Froberg when I grow up."

And I'll admit, one reason I moved to San Diego was because of some of my favorite bands were from there. Call me foolish but it was great.

No comments: